Thinking of buying a home? Search the local MLS here.
Thinking of selling your home? Get a home valuation here.
Want to see our inventory of homes? View our listings here.
Today, let’s discuss why it is that you shouldn’t wait until after the winter to list your home. I have five reasons why I think this season can be a great time to sell.
1. There is less inventory, which means your home will get more attention. We have a listing that went live yesterday and we’ve had eight to 10 showings per day since. Most people don’t put their homes on the market during the holidays.
2. Many companies relocate their employees during the first quarter. In January, February, and March, those employees are hunting for houses. It just makes sense to ensure that your house is seen by them.
"The folks that are out there looking for homes now in the chilly weather are serious homebuyers."
3. Your agent will be locked in. They can give you all the attention you need because come spring, we all get spread a little thin.
4. Hopefully, we’ll get more snow, which means less attention is paid to your landscaping. All you need to do is make sure your walkway is shoveled and safe. You won’t have to worry about new mulch, flowers, or having perfect landscaping.
5. You’ll get more serious buyers to cross your threshold and fewer looky-loos. The folks that are out there looking for homes now in the chilly weather are serious homebuyers, especially given that rates are going up.
If you have any questions about this or other topics, please feel free to reach out to us. We’d be glad to help you. Otherwise, keep following our blog to receive tips and advice about your home buying or selling needs.