7 Silly Mistakes That Might Ruin Your Home Sale
Today we are going to talk about seven silly things that might be preventing your home from selling. When buyers are searching for homes, they can be very picky. Some of the minor items on this list can actually deter them from making an offer, so make sure you have them cleaned up before you go on the market:
1. Unsightly cords. A lot of people have mounted televisions with hanging cords. Buyers are unable to really envision how that space might look if there are cords strewn about, so I suggest taping them up behind the TV or getting rid of them altogether for showings.
2. An unkempt yard. It is important that your home has great curb appeal. Keep up with the mowing, weeding, and get a gardener if you have to.
3. A worn entryway. If buyers see dingy patio furniture or a porch with wood rot, they have a negative impression of what the home will look like on the inside before they even step foot inside it.
4. Cobwebs. Check all of your corners, light fixtures, and little-used rooms for cobwebs and small bugs. It is an easy, quick fix that can really pay off.
“If buyers are distracted by clutter, it is hard for them to get a good look at your home.“
5. Poor furniture arrangement. The best way to live in your home is not necessarily the best way to show it.
6. Overfilled drawers or closets. Clean those out and maybe get a storage unit. Clutter will not do you any favors when it comes time to sell.
7. Cluttered countertops. If buyers are distracted by your clutter, it is hard for them to see past it. The more your home looks like a model home, the better chance you have of selling it quickly and for top dollar.
If you have any questions for us about these tips or about the real estate market in general, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.